A clean energy finance company developing new solutions
for the faith community to achieve a net zero energy future
Financing churches, schools and non-profits in the US has traditionally faced challenges:
- Due to their non-profit status, federal tax incentives designed to make solar economical have been inaccessible;
- Finding the requisite security for long-term loans without the burden of encumbrances on a congregation has been a challenge;
- Developing a model with universal appeal that meets the needs of the church, the financier, and an installer has proven elusive.
The Faith Community today consists of over 350,000 houses of worship and 135,000 schools across the United States.
Fellowship Energy has developed a novel, patent pending approach to offer churches, schools, and non-profits the opportunity to:
- Secure their financial future by owning solar with no up-front cost,
and no money out of pocket;
- Begin savings on day one;
- Stay cash flow positive for the life of the equipment;
- Stabilize their electricity bill at lower rates for the next 25 years;
- Realize significant cash savings over that period;
- In many cases, does not require a lien or mortgage on property;
- Provides for the operation & maintenance of solar equipment;
- Increases community energy independence.
The Fellowship Energy Program is based on a unique cooperation model between denominational church authority and private investors, who have the ability to use tax incentives offered by the Federal government to lower the cost of solar systems, and therefore the price of electricity paid by the church every month.
- Solar Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
- $0 Down Payment, Cashflow Positive Savings From Day One
- Month 72 Purchase Option
- Long Term Low Interest Fixed Rate Construction Loans
- Credit Enhancements for Faith-Based Clients
Your energy finance, system implementation and asset management
partner responsible for:
Oversight of Project Engineering, Procurement, Construction
Accounting, Billing, Tax Compliance
Founder & CEO
Philip spent over a decade covering international energy markets as Founder of 国际展望 (International Outlook), a Hong Kong financial research firm and published in China’s main national financial media. His private equity background includes large project finance, commodity trading, the acquisition of top 10 residential solar company in CA, and an expertise in energy finance. Philip is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
David’s energy background spans a variety of leadership roles encompassing Operations, Product Management, Finance, Program Management, Engineering, R&D, and Support. His process architecture and business strategy have been instrumental in managing and driving growth for multiple renewable energy companies from start-up to scale. David is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Become an Affilate Partner
We work closely with solar commercial & industrial (C&I) and high-end residential developers to provide project finance and turnkey support, enabling our partners to target new customers.
In 2017, Fellowship Energy was accepted into the Solar in Your Community Challenge under the Department of Energy’s SunShot Initiative. The Solar in Your Community Challenge is a $5 million contest to support innovative and replicable community-based solar business models and programs that will bring solar to underserved communities.
Under the SunShot Challenge, Fellowship Energy has committed to provide access, finance and complete a minimum of 40 solar installations with churches & parochial schools over the next 18 months. Additionally Fellowship Energy has committed to a target of that a minimum of 20 solar installations shall be in undeserved communities.
The SunShot Initiative is a federal government program run by the US Department of Energy’s Solar Energy Technologies Office. It is a national effort to support solar energy adoption in order to make solar energy affordable for all Americans.
March 6, 2018
A new financing product supported by the U.S. Department of Energy SunShot Program, improves upon traditional solar financing for places of worship.
On-site solar installations allow customers to reduce their annual utility bills while promoting environmental stewardship…
Trinity Episcopal School
Roof Top Solar
St. Stephens Episcopal Church
Roof Top Solar